|Many things should be considered when evaluating St. Louis Christian schools. WCCA is unique among St Louis Christian schools for a variety of reasons. || |
- WCCA focuses on strong academic and extra-curricular performance to the potential of each student. WCCS offers programs in public speaking, reading, musical performances, exploratory science projects, math competitions, etc. Few other St Louis Christian schools have the reputation for both academic and artistic performance that West County enjoys.
- WCCA provides a low student / teacher ratio and is blessed with loving staff hat are very committed to their students in service to Jesus Christ. This means students get more high-quality, focused, one-on-one attention than what other St Louis Christian schools might provide. All teaching staff are state certified.
- WCCA provides an interdenominational environment in which students are provided strong foundational beliefs while being encouraged to seek guidance from their family, church and self-study for the specifics.
- WCCA offers tuition rates that are very competitive with most comparable St Louis Christian schools and is firmly committed to provide families a safe, quality, values-based education for their children regardless of their ability to pay. To facilitate this, many families choose to support WCCA financially as a ministry. Many also volunteer in areas such as grant writing, technical support and consulting, etc., which allows WCCA to maintain an excellent balance of high-quality and affordability.
- WCCA is also pleased to offer a very special Kindergarten tuition rate ($3,600), which is intended to give more families the opportunity to experience the value of a Christ centered education. Additional discounts are provided for siblings and full-time pastoral staff (20-50% discount).
Attending WCCA can be an enriching experience for both students and parents. The curriculum, which, includes Spanish, is much more challenging than traditional materials. Students also participate in special academic projects and various competitions throughout the year. The teachers expect 100% effort from each student. In order for students to reach their maximum potential, parents are expected to be actively involved in the academic life of their children and help teachers hold them accountable for their work.
Spiritual life is also a very big part of the educational experience at WCCA. The Statement of Faith provides a firm foundation for students to build upon. It is much more than a "value-add" to the curriculum - it permeates everything that students do. However, WCCA is not a place where a particular denominational belief system is taught as the "correct" way to think. As Augustine said, "In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; and in all things, charity." This accurately describes the atmosphere at WCCA.
In summary, we wish you all the best as you seek the Lord on this important decision. We greatly recommend experiencing student life at WCCA in person by getting in touch, scheduling a visit, and meeting with the faculty, staff and board members.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in WCCA.